Youth Express for Young People
Gain hands on experience in an industry you’re interested in
Students who undertake mandatory work placement have the opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience in the workplace.
Structured workplace learning can give you a taste of what it’s like to work in a range of industry areas, including:
- Automotive, Construction, Metals and Engineering
- Business Services, Financial Services, Human Services
- Information Technology, Electrotechnology
- Tourism, Entertainment, Primary Industries
- Hospitality, Retail
Get a head start on your dream career
Starting a school based traineeship or apprenticeship during your HSC year can help you get a foot in the door of a rewarding career.
A school based apprentice will:
- Complete stage 1 of a certificate III trade qualification
- Complete a minimum of 100 days in the workplace
- Attend training each week with a Registered Training Organisation
- Roll over into full time work after their HSC year
What Our Clients Say About Youth Express
I was very happy with the service, especially the resume writing as it has changed since we last had to write a resume. This assistance took an enormous stress off our family. Liam is now in his second year of a Fitter/Machinist apprenticeship and Keely is pursuing training in Make-up Artistry.
– Janette, Mother of Liam and Keely