Youth Express for Young People
Helping young people to be the best they can be.
Do you need help moving on successfully from school to work?
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Express Bites is a series of short videos designed to help young people prepare for the world of work.
Follow the Youth Express journey as we build a foundation of essential knowledge need for young people entering the world of work. These videos will take you through a series of workshops to support and prepare you for your interview, resume and cover letter.
Gain hands on experience in an industry you’re interested in
Students who undertake mandatory work placement have the opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience in the workplace.
Structured workplace learning can give you a taste of what it’s like to work in a range of industry areas, including:
- Automotive, Construction, Metals and Engineering
- Business Services, Financial Services, Human Services
- Information Technology, Electrotechnology
- Tourism, Entertainment, Primary Industries
- Hospitality, Retail
Get a head start on your dream career
APPRENTICESHIPS & TRAINEESHIPS
Starting a school based traineeship or apprenticeship during your HSC year can help you get a foot in the door of a rewarding career.
A school based apprentice will:
- Complete stage 1 of a certificate III trade qualification
- Complete a minimum of 100 days in the workplace
- Attend training each week with a Registered Training Organisation
- Roll over into full time work after their HSC year
More About Our Programs
What Our Clients Say About Youth Express
I was very happy with the service, especially the resume writing as it has changed since we last had to write a resume. This assistance took an enormous stress off our family. Liam is now in his second year of a Fitter/Machinist apprenticeship and Keely is pursuing training in Make-up Artistry.
– Janette, Mother of Liam and Keely